Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 112840 – Topeka, Kansas, United States
At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. If you’re interested in work that matters, fueled by passion for pets, we invite you to apply to one of our R&D – Data Science/Bioinformatics Intern positions.
Our internships are unique in that you will work on a substantial project with one-on-one guidance from one of our many experts in the Animal Health research field. You will have the opportunity to network with other students in our program as well as get exposure to senior leaders in our company and our parent company, Colgate-Palmolive. And you’ll get paid while you learn! In your downtime, learn how to network and ask our leaders about their experiences to gain greater perspective and learn how you can fit into our family.
- Must be graduate student seeking a degree in Biology, Genetics, Computer Science, Physics or Computational Biology/Bioinformatics
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA
- Ability to work in the United States on a permanent and unlimited basis
- Computational expertise such as Python, R are required and proficiency in Linux and grid/cloud computing are desirable.
- Experience with semantic modeling, text analytics or metagenomics data processing is a plus.
R&D at Hill’s uses a wide variety of data and information to better understand pet health and the impact of nutrition on health. Processing, integration, analysis and interpretation of these data is key to innovation and provides a plethora of opportunities for internship projects.
Potential projects include:
- Applying predictive analytics to animal health parameters to further the understanding of the impact of nutrition on health.
- Using natural language processing, linguistics or other technologies to evaluate and refine system vocabularies.
- Building statistical and analytical tools to research and support machine learning models for predicting phenotypic traits of pets.
- Analysis of metagenomic microbiome data.
This is a paid internship that provides a very competitive hourly pay rate plus a generous housing/relocation assistance stipend or virtual option.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills’ mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL’S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL’S® Science Diet® and HILL’S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit www.hillspet.com and www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.
Read more here: Source link