Twist Biopharma is seeking a Bioinformatics Engineer to develop and integrate workflows, analyses, and computational tools involved in the production and research of antibodies and proteins. While you have a broad interest in biotech and related scientific technologies, you also understand that computer science resources must be utilized to reach the scale required for our most complex solutions. The ideal candidate has computational/software/bioinformatics experience, and a basic knowledge of biology, DNA, antibody development, or protein sciences. He or she is comfortable with Python, and will assist in the development of cutting-edge machine learning applications, databases, and reports using modern tools, software development techniques, and coding best practices.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with scientists, data scientists, and engineers to create applications for data processing and validation; statistical and machine-learning predictions; order design.
- Collect internal and external data sources, via SQL and/or APIs, into queryable databases.
- Apply software engineering best practices to scale NGS, sequence annotation, and other pipelines from research to production; create unit tests, Docker containers, etc.
- Troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively; supplement computational support across a range of operational requests involving visualization, workflows, datasets.
- Install, run, and incorporate open-source packages to support technology development at scale.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or related scientific/engineering field
- 2 – 3+ years industry experience with Python; excellent code documentation skills
- Strong proficiency with terminal, a Linux or Mac OS environment, virtualenvs, command-line
- Familiarity with one or more of: pandas, scikit-learn, Flask, API development, Docker, Spark
- Experience opening and running Jupyter or other notebooks (e.g. Databricks)
- Knowledge of database querying and writing (SQL), and joining techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with on-site and off-site teams using Slack, JIRA, and Confluence
- Experience with common DNA or protein sequence data analysis tools (e.g. bwa, samtools, etc.) and file formats (FASTA, FASTQ, BAM, VCF, BED)
- Familiarity with at least one of: antibody or protein development, NGS, Sanger sequencing
- Understanding of IaaS, SaaS: e.g. AWS S3, EC2, Databricks, Snowflake, Seven Bridges
- Python API development with Flask, Django, or other web MVC web frameworks.
- Understanding of CI/CD and automation tools, such as Drone, Jenkins, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with Python packaging or Docker; packages with tests
- A passion for biotech, applications of synthetic biology in healthcare
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
Read more here: Source link