We are seeking a talented, experienced laboratory informatics scientist to join Pfizer’s BioMedicine Design organization located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The successful candidate will join a small team of computational biologists and software engineers to develop a broad array of fit for purpose computational and database tools in support of cutting-edge approaches to early stage biotherapeutic discovery. Areas of active research include monoclonal antibodies, protein therapeutics, gene therapy, and mRNA-based therapeutics.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining applications to enable capture and analysis of data to accelerate discovery and enable decision making that drives biotherapeutic projects across a broad range of disease areas. This includes processing and analysis of NexGen Sequencing data as well as assay data and the results of predictive AI models.
- Working within a team of laboratory scientists, data scientists, and internal and external software developers to rapidly specify, implement, and deploy fit-to-purpose software tools.
- Possibility to oversee junior scientists and or developers
- Post-graduate training or equivalent industry experience in software development with a focus on biological or pharmaceutical sciences.
- Demonstrated track record of successful implementation of web-based tools for scientific data management and analysis.
- Strong software development skills including object-oriented programming and full stack web application development.
- Background in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field ideally with an understanding of basic immunology and antibody biochemistry.
- Basic understanding of pharmaceutical discovery process.
- Understanding of relational database technology and competence with SQL. Ability to design relational schemas to represent real-world data. Ability to design complex queries to generate clear representations of data from complex relational schemas.
- Ability to design easy to use intuitive user interfaces.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with a broad range of scientists across multiple disciplines
- Previous experience with external vendors to design, build, and enhance software tools
Additional Job Information
- Last Date to Apply: October 29, 2021
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development#LI-PFE
Read more here: Source link