Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us. The genetic testing space is growing quickly. In support of the Invitae mission, our services need to be reliable, scalable, and easy to build. We are looking for a technical lead who can guide us through this transformation. Your experience, passion, and leadership skills will lay the foundation for Invitae’s continued success.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for developing roadmaps and prioritizing tasks within the teams to ensure deliverables are met
- Design, build and release new applications/services from scratch.
- Architecting a codebase that will support 50+ bioinformatic developers.
- Being hands-on with our production code and driving technical excellence within the team.
- Collaborate with Technical and product teams.
- Mentoring software staff in technical aspects
- Help facilitate problem solving across teams and groups
- Help translate business requirements across the company to best-in-class experiences
What you bring:
- Experience with building libraries in Python in a full time, hands on (coding) role.
- Experience with bioinformatic tool building, variant annotation a plus.
- Experience with agile development.
- Self-motivated individuals who are mission driven – you’re able to make progress towards team and group goals with minimal guidance
- Passion for quality, automation and continuous improvement.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s specialists in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve built a culture that empowers our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive pay in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description
Read more here: Source link