We are seeking an exceptionally talented bioinformatics scientist to join our Data Analysis Team (DAT). This individual will be responsible for routine analysis using existing bioinformatic and statistical tools as well as the development and implementation of novel approaches. The successful candidate’s contribution will focus on developing and evaluating IVD diagnostic assays in close collaboration with R&D lab scientists. The individual will be responsible for translating complex experimental data into insights guiding product development and to communicate analytical findings to audiences with a wide variety of technical expertise. The candidate will work in a well-supported environment, with access to the tools, technologies, and expertise necessary for success. In an intensely collaborative and fast-paced environment, this individual will gain valuable knowledge on diagnostic product development and experience the swift implementation of their success towards products that will transform patient lives.
Who You Are
Essential Requirements Include
- Master or Ph.D. degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, or related field of study.
- Working knowledge of genomics and molecular biology.
- Strong understanding of design of experiments (DoE), statistical methods and modeling.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in analyzing next-generation sequencing data using a wide range of bioinformatics tools.
- Proficiency in R, Python or similar.
- Working knowledge of Linux, version control, and database.
- Strong communication skills and ability to describe complex analysis to a wide audience.
In addition, it is highly desirable if you will bring the following experience and expertise with you:
- Demonstrated experience working on diagnostic-related projects.
- Experienced in evaluating technical variability and perform quality control of experimental data.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating in a team environment.
- Experienced in writing peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts.
Cultural and Personality Fit
- Passionate about genomics, statistics, and data science.
- Deeply committed to improving patient lives.
- Motivated to use novel analytical approaches to bring new insights to assay optimization and evaluation.
- Research solutions to new problems, rapidly learn and adopt new methods as necessary.
- A strong sense of urgency, accountability, curiosity, and scientific passion.
- Enthusiastic, collaborative, and positive “can-do” attitude is a must.
- Thrives in an environment of shared goals and responsibilities.
- A team player with great attention to details and scientific rigor.
- Ability to be highly productive under aggressive and tight timelines; fast adapter to change with a calm and steady energy.
- Skilled in active listening, welcomes feedback from others, and constantly strives for improvement to better serve the team’s needs.
What We Can Offer YouVeracyte is a growing company that offers significant career opportunities if you are curious, driven, patient-oriented and aspire to help us build a great company. We work collaboratively, offering you the opportunity to constantly learn from your colleagues – even those outside of your area of expertise. Here at Veracyte, we find fun, little ways to make it a great place to work – participate in our annual Halloween costume contest, treat yourself to free Peet’s coffee or the endless supply of PB&J sandwiches, and a toast with colleagues as we celebrate milestones. We are a company with a heart and believe in positively impacting the world beyond our doors by providing our product to those who cannot afford it through a financial assistance program. Veracyte seeks the best employees and works to create an environment where they can thrive, expand their knowledge and contribute at the highest level.
Read more here: Source link