The Knott laboratory at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California is searching for a computational postdoctoral scientist to develop and apply tools for digital histopathology. This scientist will lead the data analyses portion of our studies of breast cancer clinical trial materials, where we are studying the cellular relationships and the spatial distributions of distinct cell types within tumors that impact the course of the disease. One of our favored spatial profiling tools it the Co-detection by Indexing (CODEX) platform housed within our laboratory. However, we also utilize other spatial profiling methodologies paired with traditional single cell sequencing to study tissues. To learn more, please visit: Knott Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Join us for an opportunity to leverage your quantitative skillset and apply machine learning, graph theory and statistical inference to improve the lives of patients. Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with Dr. Knott and other Research Scientists, the Postdoc will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols, analyze and interpret data.
Primary Job Duties And Responsibilities
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Read more here: Source link