Labcorp is recruiting a Sr Bioinformatics Scientist for a dynamic team in either Westborough, MA, Raleigh, NC or Atlanta, GA. This position can also be Remote based.
She/He will improve understanding of biological measurements and assay performance, to design, develop and extend algorithms for extracting and interpreting relevant information from clinical specimens.
- Conducts data mining over internally produced and publicly available data sets
- Provides analysis information to management to aid in decision making on the development of new laboratory developed tests or improvement of existing test.
- Collects, manages, and studies biological data especially genomic and at the molecular level by using computer software and hardware with data mining and knowledge engineering as appropriate to the purpose
- Provides bioinformatics support for the commercial molecular diagnostics
- Performs statistical and bioinformatics analyses of experimental data produced by clinical testing instruments such as DNA sequencers, qPCR and other molecular instruments
- Develops or improves data analysis pipelines necessary for processing of large datasets
- Collaborates with R&D scientists on the development of new assays, measurement technologies and tests for evaluating clinical conditions.
- Develops or improves interpretation pipelines for variant scoring and reporting
- Must be able to provide evidence of relevant research expertise in the form of presentations, software, technical publications, and/or knowledge of applications
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s/PhD preferred in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Molecular Biology, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- Master’s/PhD with 0-2 years’ experience or Bachelor’s with at least 5 years’ experience in a biotechnology setting.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A
Read more here: Source link