The Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB, www.imb.de) is a research centre on the campus of Mainz University, Germany. Our research focuses on the biology of the cell nucleus and ranges from the molecular level to systems and computational approaches. We are currently recruiting new postdocs for our International Postdoc Programme (IPPro).
Mainz has a population of 200,000 and is host to a diverse range of people, around 40,000 of which are students. The city itself is charming and open-minded and is within easy reach of cosmopolitan Frankfurt, the Rhine valley region with its castles, vineyards, and nature reserves, and the equally picturesque cities of Wiesbaden and Heidelberg. With Frankfurt airport – the largest airport in mainland Europe – only 20 minutes away, countless European and overseas destinations are within easy reach.
What we offer:
• Cutting-edge research projects in an international and interdisciplinary environment, with English as the working language
• Support by strong core facilities (www.imb.de/core-facilities) that provide state-of-the-art services in bioinformatics & AI, cytometry, genomics (e.g. single-cell & small RNA Seq), microscopy (e.g. super-resolution & high-throughput confocal imaging), proteomics, protein production, and a full media lab service
• Advanced training in scientific techniques and professional skills
• Active support as your career develops, including a mentoring programme, networking opportunities, and help acquiring independent grants
• Fully funded positions
We seek talented and ambitious scientists with an interest in the following areas:
• Ageing and longevity
• RNA biology (e.g. small & non-coding RNA, R-loops)
• Telomere biology
• Epigenetic gene regulation
• DNA repair & DNA damage response
• Proteomics & protein quality control
• Systems biology & computational biology
• PhD or MD in a relevant subject
• Demonstrated academic excellence (e.g. publications, grants,
awards, research appointments at other institutions, etc.)
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please see details on the projects offered in this call, information on how to apply, and an online application form at www.imb.de/postdocs. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting date: 1 April 2022 or later. The deadline for applications is 25 November 2021. Interviews will take place in Mainz on 20-21 January 2022.
Read more here: Source link