Requisition # HRC0707785
Join us in releasing the power of precise proteomics!
The Bioinformatics Manager manages and provides leadership for the overall achievement of bioinformatics and software pipelines for production quality across Precision Biomarker Laboratories (PBL), Dr. Van Eyk’s ACBRI lab, and the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Proteomics and Metabolomics Core (Core). To learn more, please visit Precision Biomarker Laboratories | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you a passionate and dedicated research professional?
The Bioinformatics Manager leads the development and implementation of the computational infrastructure for high-throughput biological data processing, analysis of interpretative biology, and algorithm development. This individual will specifically design and manage bioinformatics methods, informatics systems, and commercial systems of varying complexity in the context of research, development, product validations, and clinical studies. As a manager, evaluate, develop, and validate the data management systems needed to support a high level of clinical tests through Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in compliance with CLIA/CAP requirements in PBL – from sample to report, including laboratory information systems, analysis pipelines and customer-facing systems. The position requires working closely with cross-functional teams including Cedars-Sinai Research Teams & Cedars-Sinai Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) to ensure software delivery while adhering to Cedars-Sinai compliance and information security standards. The incumbent will be responsible for managing a team of bioinformatics scientists, data scientists, and software engineers.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, develop, and manage bioinformatics strategies to support high level proteomics screens from sample to report, including laboratory information systems, analysis pipelines, and customer-facing systems to analyze large clinical data sets leading to biomarker discovery.
- Manages innovative bioinformatics strategies to meet the needs of clients for constructing high-throughput computational pipelines to analyze large clinical data sets leading to biomarker discovery and routine analysis of clinical diagnostic tests in a CLIA compliant manner.
- Leads a team of bioinformaticians, data scientists, and software engineers to produce and maintain data analysis platforms and provides product/service roadmaps and requirements/specifications, especially for pipeline, annotation, and reporting tools.
- Leads all aspects of development and implementation of scale-up / optimization methods for data pipelines to ensure maximum throughput.
- Designs the data storage, data archival, and computing strategy for proteomics workflow data management and the computing infrastructure for processing mass spectrometry data High-Performance Computing (HPC) environment vs. Amazon cloud, etc.) and leads the execution of novel algorithm development and optimization.
- Provides training for standard methodologies in data management, utilization of pipelines, and disseminates knowledge through publications, presentations, and support for grant applications and PBL customer statements of work.
- Fosters an expert service-oriented team environment for internal and external clients requesting changes, consultations, and other support requests for technological enhancements and quality preservation.
- Manages the development, implementation, and maintenance activities of quality control systems, SOP documentation, user manuals, and software code control.
Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Life Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field, required. Master’s or Doctorate Degree preferred.
Experience and Abilities:
- 10+ years of experience in large-scale omics data analysis, pipeline platform operations, and new tool development with proficiency in Perl, Python, R, Java, SQL in Linux/Unix environment.
- 2-3 years of leadership experience overseeing software production and development teams.
- Deep understanding and solid experience in machine/deep learning modeling and data analysis using pioneering platforms and tools.
- Strong data analytical skills in constructing complex and well-design cloud-based models.
- Experience with agile development and version control software (e.g. JIRA, GitHub etc.).
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at all levels in the organization, including senior project leadership.
- Ability to lead a team, meet deadlines and demonstrate advanced problem-solving skills.
- Cultivates and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders, client groups, and/or vendors.
- Models and promotes the importance of teamwork and creative thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, data presentation, and visualization skills.
- Working Title: Bioinformatics Manager – Precision Biomarker Labs
- Department: Precision Biomarker Labs
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Bioinformatics
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.
Read more here: Source link