Location: San Diego, CA, or Menlo Park, CA , or Remote
An emerging leader in next-generation sequencing technology is seeking a driven Bioinformatics Scientist to join the team! In this role, you will have the exciting opportunity to shape the development of a novel groundbreaking sequencing instrument. You will be part of a highly motivated computational team that develops new statistical methods and algorithms to process complex high-resolution images, perform high fidelity feature extraction, perform DNA sequence analysis and bioinformatic functions. You will work closely with bench scientists to provide feedback and influence the direction of future technology developments via large-scale sequencing data analysis.
- Manage and analyze scientific data sets emanating from high-speed development efforts.
- Develop novel algorithms and methods to gain insight and improve performance of the sequencing instrument.
- Develop and manage automated NGS pipelines.
- Translate scientific requirements into technical software designs and implement them.
Education, Skills, & Experience
- MS, or PhD Degree in Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- Strong understanding of genomics, molecular biology, and next-generation sequencing.
- Strong data analysis skills and understanding of statistical modelling methods.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- 4+ years of experience in similar industry and role.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with R or Python.
Attitude & Attributes
- Ability and willingness to make an impact.
- Creativity of thought and mindset.
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- A passion for discovery.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Read more here: Source link