An emerging leader in next-generation sequencing technology is seeking a driven Senior Bioinformatics Scientist to join the team! In this role, you will collaborate with scientists and engineers around the world to show case the utility of the new and powerful sequencing instrument. You will be part of a computational team that provides bioinformatic analyses and solutions that help shape the development of our sequencing technology. Your expertise in NGS data analyses as well as techniques of aggregation and analyses of large-scale data sets will be instrumental in both shaping the direction of internal technology developments as well as promoting the new groundbreaking sequencing platform in the scientific community.
- Perform data analysis for various internal and external scientific projects pertaining to next generation sequencing.
- Develop and manage automated secondary analysis NGS pipelines.
- Manage scientific data flow and warehouse big data sets emanating from high-speed development efforts and from collaborations.
- Develop novel algorithms to perform secondary analysis.
- Translate scientific requirements into technical software designs.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- MS, or PhD Degree in Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- Strong understanding of genomics, molecular biology, and next-generation sequencing.
- Broad knowledge of NGS analysis tools and methods.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- 5+ years of experience in similar industry and role.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with R or Python.
ATTITUDE & ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability and willingness to make an impact.
- Creativity of thought and mindset.
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- A passion for discovery.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Read more here: Source link