Field Bioinformatic Scientist
Mackenzie Stuart is working in close partnership with a leading oncology company. Our client is a leader in the development of computational methods to research drug advancements.
We are currently recruiting for a Field Bioinformatic Scientist to lead the Oncology Computational Biology department. The role will be reporting directly to the Vice President of Bioinformatics. This role is based in North USA.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Create strategies to guide computational biology for diagnostic discovery in Oncology drug discovery and research
- Responsible for a team of 20 internal and external staff
- Manage and contribute to computational projects across departments in development sciences
- Responsible for working closely with external stakeholders to guide scientific efforts
- Motivate and encourage the development of the bioinformaticians, biostatisticians and computational biologists
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- PhD in biology, Bioinformatics, or a related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in computational biology and bioinformatics
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Oncology industry
- Outstanding communication skills
About Mackenzie Stuart Global Executive Search & Selection:
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London & Toronto we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & Built Environment, Medical & Scientific, Healthcare, Education, Finance & Accountancy, Insurance, Water, Chemicals & Coatings, Ingredients & Flavours, Automation, FMCG and Logistics sectors.
Share this job with your friends
Read more here: Source link