A successful candidate will manage a team of bioinformaticians and ultimately be responsible for providing technical guidance on data generation and analysis for gene expression, genotyping, microarray, sanger sequencing, Next-Generation Sequencing, and other genomic platform data. Additional activities include designing and developing new assays and protocols for genomic applications. These responsibilities are across all projects in the organization.
- Lead the bioinformatics development function, including the design, delivery, and validation of novel methods, algorithms, and analysis pipelines for genetic testing, research, non-invasive prenatal testing, infectious disease, liquid biopsy, and pathology testing.
- Direct the bioinformatics development team in the creation, implementation, and management of all analytical pipelines that support market demands of new testing panels.
- Drive continuous improvement in data quality control, functionality, accuracy, and efficiency of analysis workflows.
- Decide on the data and computational resources for the unit.
- Design assay validation protocols and generate validation reports following data generation.
- Serve as business strategic partner to management in defining project roadmaps, determining analytical services data parameters, and executing of complex sequencing, microarray, qPCR and bioinformatics projects.
- Work with cross-functional leadership team and vendors for troubleshooting issues related to data analytical outputs and bioinformatics workflows.
- Drive quality assurance and minimize technical risk by setting operational standards, foreseeing obstacles proactively and addressing root cause aggressively.
- Lead all technical discussions for various analytical projects, data quality and data analysis deliverables.
- Communicate with senior management, clients, project managers, software development team and quality assurance team to establish workflows and documentation for clinical and research projects.
- Spearhead, recommend and direct company strategy for analytics pipelines, tools, and analytical approaches that align with company R&D goals
- Evaluate and implement new analysis techniques to advance analysis capabilities.
- Drive change across processes, practices, and technology within the organization by building a high caliber team that can deliver effectively.
- Encourage a culture of continuous improvement and creativity, and act as a role model for others in challenging the status quo to encourage innovation.
Read more here: Source link