Evaluation of the GenBank, EzTaxon, and BIBI Services for Molecular Identification of Clinical Blood Culture Isolates That Were Unidentifiable or Misidentified by Conventional Methods
- Park, KS[Park, Kyung Sun]; Ki, CS[Ki, Chang-Seok]; Kang, CI[Kang, Cheol-In]; Kim, YJ[Kim, Yae-Jean]; Chung, DR[Chung, Doo Ryeon]; Peck, KR[Peck, Kyong Ran]; Song, JH[Song, Jae-Hoon]; Lee, NY[Lee, Nam Yong]
- Issue Date
- AMER SOC MICROBIOLOGY
- JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY, v.50, no.5, pp.1792 – 1795
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY
- Start Page
- End Page
- We compared the 16S rRNA gene sequencing results analyzed with the GenBank, EzTaxon, and BIBI databases for blood culture specimens for which identifications were incomplete, conflicting, or unidentifiable using conventional methods. Analyses performed using GenBank combined with EzTaxon (kappa = 0.79) were more discriminative than those using other databases alone or in combination with a second database.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- Medicine > Department of Medicine > 1. Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
Read more here: Source link