Our mission is to leverage our proprietary technology to create, develop and commercialize innovative life science research tools and breakthrough clinical products that transform healthcare.
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate R tools developer to work with the Bioinformatics group at SomaLogic. Our primary goal is to identify patterns in our high dimensional proteomic data so that we can characterize a variety of different clinical health issues. We employ, develop, and use a wide range of statistical methods and machine learning/AI tools to understand how proteomics can predict different disease outcomes. In addition to our analytical work, we rely heavily on good communication skills, as we collaborate extensively with other groups at SomaLogic.
This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of biomarker discovery as well as the development and use of new analytical tools.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain and/or develop modular, shared, testable, and reusable statistical software tools in R based on user needs.
- Maintain and/or develop R tools for performing statistical and machine learning techniques for the analysis of high-dimensional data.
- Maintain and/or develop reporting tools in RMarkdown.
- Organize, document, and disseminate information within Bioinformatics around available R tools.
- Communicate project status updates to stakeholders on a regular basis.
Skills & RequirementsQualifications:Education:Bachelors + 2 years relevant work experience or Masters/Ph.D. in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Bioinformatics, or related field.
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate likes to collaborate, learn from others, and is generally curious. We are a group of individuals who genuinely enjoy our jobs and working with each other, so are looking for the right person to join our team.
- Advanced knowledge of R, including experience with development and use of shareable functions.
- Experience translating user needs to development of tools and shareable software in R.
- Background in applied statistics.
- Must be driven to work in a self-directed manner across team disciplines.
- Experience developing or maintaining R packages.
- Experience working with version control software (e.g., GitHub).
- Experience analyzing data in a health science or clinical field.
Work Environment:This position involves extended time at a computer, frequent informal meetings and discussions with project managers and other analysts, and frequent interactions with collaborators. Multiple hours per day of keyboarding time will be required.
Position can be remote.
At SomaLogic, we recognize the key to success is having empowered team members. We value our employees and aim to retain and attract talent by offering competitive benefits that are rare in the market. What sets us apart is our medical, dental, vision, short -term disability and long-term disability premiums are 100% paid for at no cost to our employees. In the summer, we offer half day paid leave every Friday. Our PTO is generous and continues to adjust based on years of service. To start, employees will receive 15 days of PTO, 1 personal floating holiday, 12 paid company holidays and 10 sick days. In addition, we offer 401k matching at 4%, FSA’s, tuition reimbursement, stock options, and employee assistance programs. A HR rep can provide more information upon request.
All SomaLogic qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Read more here: Source link