The Melanoma Immune Oncology Research Group (MIORG) as part of the Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku is seeking an enthusiastic and competent expert in data analytics and bioinformatics to join our team. The project employs cutting-edge technologies and state-of-the-art approaches to immune profile metastatic melanoma bioresources from repository data, animal models and patient samples.
- Deployment, testing and development of new data analysis tools for single-cell omics data, including transcriptomics, epigenomics and proteomics
- Processing and computational analysis of various types of sequencing and mass cytometry datasets
- Provision of expert support in bioinformatics
- Experience in various bioinformatic data analysis tools
- Prior experience in omics data analysis
- Good programming skills (e.g. Python, R) and ability to work with version control tools (e.g. Git)
- Good communication skills in English and strong interpersonal skills
- Suitable academic degree in a relevant discipline (MSc or PhD)
- Prior experience in single-cell sequencing or mass cytometry data analysis
- Experience in biomedical research
The successful candidate should show initiative and independence on the bench, possess good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
The salary is based on the Finnish collective agreement and the position belongs to level 8-9 (other personnel). Thus the total salary is estimated to be in the range of 2800–3500 €/month.The salary will be defined based on the applicant’s competence and work experience.
Duration of the Contract
- The successful applicant is expected to start as soon as possible, but the starting date is negotiable.
- The position is fixed-term for max. 2 years according to the funding granted to the research project. There is a possibility for extension.
- The position is subject to a six-month trial period.
What to do next
Applications must be submitted on 19 November 2021 at the latest (23.59.59 Finnish time) via the University of Turku electronic application form. Apply for the job at www.utu.fi/careers (“Fill the form”).
In your application, please include
- a motivation letter
- copies of degree certificates
- at least one recommendation letter
The top candidates will be interviewed.
For further information about the position, please contact the Group Leader, Adjunct Professor, Academy Research Fellow Rogerio de Figueiredo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In case you need help with the application process, please turn to HR Specialist Kristiina Nuutila (email@example.com), tel. +358 503135224
Read more about the University of Turku as an employer
Read more here: Source link