Adaptive is seeking a thoughtful Bioinformatics/Data Scientist who is enthusiastic about statistics, genetics, and improving human health. We are looking for someone who excels at analyzing genetic data, building statistical models, and communicating results to diverse audiences.
This role will contribute to essential experimental design and analysis activities, supporting analytical and clinical validation of new immunosequencing products. You will be helping to create robust new applications to significantly improve patient care.
- Collaborates with wet lab scientists to design experiments and analyze data.
- Perform quick and thorough analyses of DNA sequencing data to understand outliers, make descriptive figures, and address key statistical and biological questions.
- Build and evaluate probabilistic models of experimental processes for data generation.
- Present results to a wide variety of stakeholders, from wet lab scientists to clinicians to executive team members.
- Could work independently on Design of Experiments, Data Analysis, Coding, Review of Data Analysis work with Stakeholders, and Documentation according to Regulatory Requirements.
- BE A PROBLEM SOLVER: communicate well, ask questions, proactively eliminate bottlenecks, and be the person people go to when they want a job done right.
- PhD (or advanced degree) in Statistics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, or related field
- 3 or more years of experience analyzing complex biological data
- Experience in analyzing high-throughput DNA sequencing data
- Proficiency in at least one common coding language (R, python, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in presenting technical material to diverse audiences
- Good oral and writing communication skills.
- Experience in therapeutic areas (hematology, oncology, immunology) with NGS technology is preferred.
Adaptive Biotechnologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Adaptive Biotechnologies values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Adaptive Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Adaptive Biotechnologies who is not a member of the Human Resources team.
Read more here: Source link