Boulder, Colorado or Remote
12 week- Contract position
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The Oncology Software Development team at Invitae is looking for students and entry level candidates to participate in our apprenticeship program. This program looks for students that have at least completed their Sophomore year of undergraduate studies when they start the program. We are also excited to invite professionals from other industries that are looking to break into biotech, software engineering and bioinformatics and have struggled because of their lack of experience in the space.
The main qualifications are an intense passion to learn about Next Generation sequencing technology, targeting sequencing, cancer genotyping, software engineering, bioinformatics, and statistics.
The position pays hourly and is for a 12 week period with an option for a full time position at the end of it if you are finished with school and are available.
Depending on your interests and aptitudes, here are the following possibilities for a project you may be tasked with:
- Join a cross functional group of molecular biologists, engineers and bioinformaticians to help solve an NGS genomic characterization problem
- Algorithm improvements
- Plotting data
- Database curation
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes and triage
- Join an engineering team to help improve the infrastructure of our commercial pipelines
- Help in containerizing monolithic systems
- Converting Python 2.7.x to Python 3.x code
- Automating tools to improve developer experience
- Join a data engineering team to help reduce turn around time of critical reports
- Write SQL queries to produce tabular data for biostatisticians
- Aggregate data from multiple sources into a single report
- Write automation software to improve the efficiency of the biostatistics team
- Any number of open projects and engineering problems
- We try to tailor the apprenticeship to your skills and interests
What you bring:
- Insatiable curiosity and a desire to be mentored by industry professionals
- Proficient in at least one programming language (python is a plus)
- Knowledge of NGS command line tools is a plus
- Above all a passion to learn new skills and desire to potentially become a full time employee of our team (either at the end of the apprenticeship or when you graduate)
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
Read more here: Source link