Job:Bioinformatician position at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
The Bioinformatics Lab of McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas solicits applications for Computational Biologist I & II.
Experience & Education Required
- Master’s or Doctor’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, or Statistics.
- Experienced with Linux.
- Experienced with scripting languages such as R, Python and Perl.
- Experience with sequencing data preferred.
Candidates will work as part of a team in Center’s Bioinformatics Lab to maintain and revise reliable high performance next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis pipeline systems, to process/analyze data in a reliable and timely fashion. Candidates must have good customer service and communication skills with faculty scientists and sequencing core.
- Perform professional work in support of scientific research using technical knowledge of software, software development, networking, and/or hardware in a complex computing environment.
- Perform complex data analysis related to specialized research methodologies and results as assigned.
- Develop and/or modify software to support new and ongoing research projects.
- Develop and maintain complex databases to support new and ongoing research projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Visit us at: www.utsouthwestern.edu/labs/bioinformatics-lab/.
Contact: Chao Xing, Ph.D.
• 36 views
Read more here: Source link