Come work at the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, managed by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. for the National Cancer Institute.It is the only U.S. national laboratory wholly focused on research, technology, and collaboration in the biomedical sciences – working to discover, to innovate, and to improve human health.
We have the immediate need for talented Bioinformatics Analysts and Genomic Data Scientists at all levels, across various teams dedicated to helping the National Cancer Institute, other NIH institutes and federal agencies find cures for Cancer, HIV and other diseases.
We offer a creative flexible environment with rewarding work. We value continuous improvement and support employees attending conferences and training events throughout the year.
Depending on the team and the computational practice areas, our analysts and data scientists are responsible for one or more of the following
- analysis and interpretation of high-throughput genomic data generated by microarray, next-generation sequencing, proteomics and metabolomics platforms
- designing, developing and deploying robust workflows, as well as custom scripts, to support the analysis of high-throughput data
- developing network/systems biology approaches, including analysis of regulatory networks, integrative analysis to combine evidence from multiple data modalities
- mining proprietary and publicly available biological data to generate novel hypotheses or insights
- presenting analysis results, in a clear and concise manner, to scientific audiences
Basic QualificationsTo be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in life sciences/bioinformatics/math/physics/computer-related field from an accredited college according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Below are the typical skills we are looking for in candidates:
- Hands-on experience in ONE or more of these computational areas: a) Genomic data processing and analysis of next generation sequencing (NGS) datasets, b) Mathematical and Statistical modeling, c) Systems Biology and multi-omic data integration d) development and implementation of complex workflows in an HPC environment.
- Ability to research and implement best practices for data analysis for complex experiments
- Experience with one or more high throughput analysis pipelines such as ChIPSeq, RNASeq, ExomeSeq, scRNASeq, microarray analysis, imaging analysis etc.
- Proficiency in Unix (Linux) system, scripting (one, preferably two, of the following programming languages: Perl, Python, R, Java and C/C++) and working on a cluster environment
- Ability to multitask without close supervision, work in collaborative environment and contribute to team projects
This position description does not represent a specific job but represents a sourcing announcement for current and future open positions. Our positions span a wide range of skills, so candidates who express an interest may be considered for upcoming positions at Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.
Read more here: Source link