With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
The Informatics and Data department is focused on applying bioinformatics techniques to drug discovery and precision medicine. We are looking for talented Senior/Lead Bioinformatics Data Scientists to join our target identification team. You will work in a cross-functional team to develop computational methods that leverage the BenevolentAI Knowledge Graph to recommend disease mechanisms, rank targets for experimental test, or assess the various properties of genes/proteins for their suitability as drug targets. You will be part of the wider Informatics team who are the domain experts for biological, chemical, and clinical data at Benevolent and its application to enable drug discovery in our technology platform.
We are considering experience at both Senior and Lead level.
- Lead the development of scalable computational approaches that leverage the BenevolentAI Knowledge Graph to recommend disease mechanisms, rank targets with respect to their biological importance, or assess their suitability to progress as drug targets.
- Provide domain expertise and disseminate best practices in the processing and application of biomedical data within a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, machine learning specialists and software engineers.
- Work together with software engineers to productionise informatics logic and algorithms to power user-facing tools that are applied in BenevolentAI drug discovery programmes.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across product, technology, and drug discovery scientific disciplines and functions to achieve BenevolentAI strategic goals.
- Contribute towards BenevolentAI’s ongoing and future external collaboration activities.
We are looking for someone with
- A PhD, or equivalent industrial experience in bioinformatics, statistics or other computational subjects with application to biology.
- Proficient programmer in at least one language and able to demonstrate the potential to comfortably work in Python within a few months.
- Experience working with and integrating a wide range of biomedical data types and resources that include databases such as OMIM, Reactome, Chembl; technologies such as text mining/NLP; and analysis of primary datasets such as genomics/genetics, protein structure, chemistry, or clinical data.
- Experience, preferably in industry, in developing and applying computational methods to derive novel insights from data to support one or more parts of the drug discovery process (e.g. target identification, molecular design, patient stratification).
- Experience in deriving novel insights from ‘omics datasets through the development and application of pathway or network-based analysis.
- Familiarity with database and graph technologies such as MySQL and Neo4j.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with an ability to share knowledge and ideas between scientific and engineering disciplines.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Read more here: Source link