The University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland Valais (HES-SO Valais-Wallis) has over 2,800 students. Through research and innovation, it contributes to economic and social development and the creation of jobs. The new Energypolis campus, home to the School of Engineering, EPFL and modern start-ups, is an innovative ecosystem for education and research. Why not come and join us!
The Institute of Life Technologies of the HES-SO Valais-Wallis is currently looking for a
The laboratory of Prof. Alexandre Kuhn at the Institute of Life Technologies is seeking a motivated and experienced bioinformatician with a strong background in the analysis of high-throughput DNA sequencing data.
The candidate will develop and deploy analysis pipelines (whole-genome sequencing, targeted sequencing) for applications in biotechnology and clinical diagnostics.
We offer a position in a dynamic work environment in beautiful natural surroundings. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to cooperate with industrial and medical partners.
- PhD degree and strong track record in Bioinformatics, Computational Genomics or equivalent.
- Previous experience with the analysis of sequencing data generated with Oxford Nanopore Technologies and/or with microbial genomics are an advantage.
- Enthusiastic team player keen on interacting with molecular biologists, able to share their bioinformatics wizardry with the team.
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to the finish-line.
- In addition to English, good knowledge of French (or German) is desired.
Place of work: Sion
Starting date: as soon as possible or to be determined
Contract duration: 1 year (renewable)
For further information, please contact Alexandre Kuhn, professor UAS, at alexandre.kuhn_hevs.ch.
Please submit your application including resume online on our website www.hevs.ch/job by 30 November 2021. Only online applications will be considered.
Read more here: Source link