To strengthen our H2Safety@BAM team in the division “Sensors, Measurement and Testing Methods” in Berlin-Steglitz, starting 01.01.2022, we are looking for a
Research assistant (m/f/d) in the field of automation and process engineering, technical chemistry, applied physics or comparable
Salary group E13 TVöD
Temporary contract until 31.12.2024
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
BAM is currently strengthening its research and development activities along the national and European hydrogen strategy. The tasks of this position are in the field of sensor concepts of the test platform “hydrogen fuelling station”, which BAM is setting up as a real-scale laboratory within the framework of research project.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary team that offers diverse opportunities to work at the interface between research and application in the field of hydrogen technologies.
Your responsibilities include:
Responsible for the tasks within the framework of the “hydrogen fuelling station” test platform
– Scientific research aspects to be dealt with: Development of a sensor database, application and development of test procedures as well as new measurement and inspection protocols in the field of hydrogen technologies by transferring them into a digital quality infrastructure (QI digital) by implementing new quality assurance methods with the use of digital technologies
– Design and set-up of a cyber-physical production system (CPPS) consisting of smart actuators and sensors with respect to functional safety for the process industry sector and their use for a digital twin
– Project management support, coordination of the sub-projects, collaboration in the “H2Safe” project (international research cooperation with South Korea)
– Involvement in standardisation activities for safety equipment
– Responsible for further scientific and organisational activities within the framework of the
– H2Safety@BAM competence centre
– Successfully completed scientific university studies (Master’s degree or equivalent) in the field of automation or process engineering, technical chemistry, applied physics or equivalent with a very good degree, PhD is an advantage
– Profound knowledge in the field of measurement and automation technology, with the focus on process industry / process technology applications
– Knowledge of database systems is advantageous
– Programming skills for statistical or numerical calculations (e.g., R, Octave, KNIME, LabView or similar) are desirable
– Knowledge of current concepts of digital process automation and sensor technology, in particular gas sensor technology or process analytical technology, is advantageous
– Very good oral and written communication skills in German and English
– Good communication and information behaviour, initiative / willingness and ability to take decisions, ability to work in a team and cooperate as well as conceptual, strategic and innovative thinking skills
– Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society
– Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
– Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
– Flexible working hours and mobile working
We welcome applications via the online application form by 31.10.2021. Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, quoting the reference number 290/21-8.1 to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und prüfung
Referat Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Dr. Neumann and Dr. Tiebe will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-3629 (Dr. Neumann) or +49 30 8104-4518 (Dr. Tiebe) and/or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.
The advertised position requires a high level of physical aptitude.
Stay in touch with us:
150 Years BAM – Science with Impact. Celebrate with us: 150.bam.de
Subscribe to our newsletter: 150.bam.de/newsletter
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/BAMResearch
BAM actively supports the compatibility of work and family and has been certified as a family and life-phase-conscious employer by the “audit berufundfamilie” since 2015.
Read more here: Source link