About Elucidata Corporation
Provider of cloud-based data analytics platform designed to analyze omics datasets to understand the molecular basis of cellular phenotypes.
Elucidata has assembled an elite group of scientists, engineers, and business development professionals to create technologies and products that will shape the future of drug discovery. Our platforms are built to integrate end-to-end workflows, from processing raw data to visualization to empower collaborative and reproducible research.
We are looking for teammates who think out-of-the-box and are not satisfied with quick fixes or canned solutions to our industry’s most challenging problems. As a member of the core leadership team, you will be part of a collaborative, fast-paced, and multi-disciplinary business environment. If you seek an intellectually stimulating environment where you can have a major impact on the critically important industry, we’d like to talk to you.
Elucidata is seeking a data science enthusiast for the role of Bioinformatics Research Lead. In this role, you will be working with cutting-edge research labs in the world to understand and cure the most challenging diseases of our time. You will be leading and driving long-term research projects with biotech companies and academic labs by supporting them in their drug discovery efforts. You will also be a key part in helping us build the drug discovery platform of the future.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of biologists, data scientists and data analysts
- Interpret the data and present analysis in the context of relevant biological literature to generate actionable insights
- Communicate the findings from data and literature to biologists and use the biological insights to derive the next steps/analyses
- Lead internal innovation efforts towards building the drug discovery platform of the future and enabling better service to commercial drug programs
- Process metabolomic, transcriptional, genomics, proteomics and any other kind of biological data
- Communicate work through blogs, meet-ups, research papers, posters, etc.
- Set the vision and define a strategy for the scientific growth of the team and the company
- Identify and implement improvements to existing pipelines and algorithms
- Identify and implement new tools and pipelines to use for different types of biological data
- 3-5 years of relevant bioinformatics experience such as public data mining, processing, and visualizing omics data, etc
- Ph.D., Masters in Bioinformatics, Biological Sciences, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or a related field
- Understanding of molecular biology and biochemistry
- Comfort and experience with biological research and data
- Proficient in a programming language used for bioinformatics such as R or python
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to summarise and simplify complex analyses for a non-technical audience
- Strong analytical skills, curiosity and a knack to solve difficult problems
- Work well in multi-disciplinary teams with people of vastly different backgrounds
- Demonstrated success in collaboration and independent work
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Read more here: Source link