Head of bioinformatics
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 17,000 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. As an employer, UNIL encourages excellence, individual recognition and responsibility.
The Lausanne Genomic Technologies Facility (GTF) is a service platform working for UNIL and CHUV research laboratories. It provides its user community access to and assistance with state-of-the-art nucleic acid analysis technologies. The GTF team counts 12 members with recognized expertise in many genomics fields, from laboratory techniques to data analysis.
See details on the GTF webpage
The GTF head of bioinformatics is responsible for all data analysis and data management activities done by the platform. She• he functionally supervises the bioinformaticians team, analysis tools, and infrastructure to ensure that the facility delivers high quality data and that its users benefit from state-of-the-art genomics data processing procedures.
Expected start date: 01.03.2022
Contract length: Undetermined duration after a trial period
Activity rate: 80% or higher
Workplace: Lausanne Genopode (Dorigny)
In your functions, you will have to:
- Manage the bioinformatics activities of the GTF
- Be responsible for the GTF data management
- Manage data analysis services carried out by the GTF
- Ensure continuous improvement of the bioinformatic tools, methods, and services offered by the GTF.
In order to complete our team, we are looking for someone with the following skills :
- PhD related to Life Sciences domains (e.g. biology or bioinformatics)
- Experience in several of the following topics: statistical analysis methods, bioinformatics, database management, programming
- Advanced knowledge of next generation sequencing data analysis, in particular gene expression analysis
- Experience in a production environment (e.g. industry) would be a plus.
What the position offers you
- Nice working place in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. Opportunities for professional training, a lot of activities and other benefits to discover.
- Collaboration with many UNIL research departments, and involvement in a very large variety of scientific projects (from human genetics to ecology).
- Access to the latest generation sequencers (short reads with the NovaSeq 6000 and long reads with the Pacific Biosciences Sequel II).
Contact for further information
Dr. Julien Marquis
Please send your application as a single pdf file including:
• Motivation letter,
• Curriculum Vitae (with detailed dates),
• Copy of university degrees certificates and transcripts of marks awarded,
• Coordinates of two persons who can provide references.
Only applications through this website will be taken into account.
Click here to open the job description.
UNIL is committed to equal opportunities and diversity.
UNIL supports early career researchers.
Read more here: Source link