Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we’re working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.
Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything possible.
The Staff Bioinformatics Scientist will help drive bioinformatics projects related to the design of highly multiplexed molecular diagnostics through all stages of planning, design, computational verification and empirical validation in collaboration with experimental scientists and other team members. Primary responsibilities include identification of unique nucleic acid sequences and signatures in various organisms and creation of novel, automated methods for design of primers and probes in complex assays. This role involves extensive collaboration with Bioinformatics Engineers, Bioinformaticians, Molecular Biologists, and others at all stages of assay development from planning to commercialization. This position can be based Remotely or relocation assistance will be provided if you’d like to relocate to Sunnyvale, CA.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Rapidly prototype novel, innovative algorithms for the design of multiplexed PCR primers and probes compatible with Cepheid’s instrumentation and experimental methods in response to both long-term and emerging company needs.
- Assist Bioinformatics Engineers in the development of a robust computational pipeline for automated and semi-automated assay design.
- Assist in the development of rigorous methodologies for analyzing PCR primer performance data, perform analyses, and communicate results to experimental scientists and others in the company.
- Think creatively in a collaborative environment about novel, innovative solutions for difficult assay design problems.
- Analyze data and debug results in order to identify avenues for future development and improvement.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Master’s degree in bioinformatics or a related field with 7+ years of related work experience OR a Doctoral degree with 4+ years of related work experience.
- Proficient and hands-on in Python in a Linux environment, preferably including experience implementing and maintaining bioinformatics pipelines.
- Proactive self-starter with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Able to conduct and plan independent projects with minimal supervision.
- Fundamental understanding of PCR, or ability to learn.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- PCR primer and probe design.
- Design and/or analysis of molecular diagnostics assays.
Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether it’s a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Read more here: Source link