The position and group connect to our Integrative Biology (Computational Biology) Discipline and Community as well as our Drug Safety Research and Development and Comparative Medicine Computational Safety Science Community. Both of these communities connect the broader set of computational researchers and data scientists allowing for cross-line mentorship and career development.
- Maintain, extend, update RNAseq and other bioinformatic pipelines
- Perform computational analyses and deliver testable hypotheses/insights from complex multi-dimensional data
- Identify and validate innovative approaches to improve the quality and efficiency of the processing and analysis of -omics data
- Maintain current awareness of emerging approaches and methods in computational biology and provide ad hoc support to DSRD colleagues and project teams
- Analysis of in vivo and in vitro RNAseq results and assisting design of follow-up experiments
- Participation in Pfizer bioinformatics activities including interfacing with Integrative (Computational) Biology scientists across WRDM.
- Effectively and efficiently collaborates with data analysis and computational colleagues in DSRD and WRDM.
- Bachelor’s with highly relevant experience (5+ years) and/or Master’s in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or related disciplines, with relevant experience analysis next generation sequencing (NGS) data, including RNAseq.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Ability and desire to share their research and findings to a broad spectrum of scientists
- Extensive R, Python or similar coding experience and application of coding toward developing molecular biology data analysis pipelines
- Intimate understanding of the concepts of toxicological, safety and risk assessments
- Experience in sound experimental design for experimentation and workflows.
- Experience in software development (web application) development a plus
- Experience using cloud platforms is beneficial.
- Familiarity with relational and other database systems, including database design, management and complex queries
- A great candidate may not meet all the criteria above. They should come with a strong background in computational science and a strong desire to dive deep into this important and complex question in a team of driven scientists
Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis
\nRelocation support available\n
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development
Read more here: Source link