Based in NYC, Harmonic Discovery is a biotechnology company leveraging biology, medicinal chemistry, and machine learning to create a new generation of therapeutics for oncology and autoimmune disorders.
We look for passionate innovators, radical thinkers, and collaborative builders. It’s time to integrate our understanding of biology and chemistry with better AI to make superior cures that make a difference in people’s lives.
Harmonic Discovery is backed by top tier venture firms. We are also a YCombinator company.
Harmonic Discovery is looking for a part-time or full-time Bioinformatics Intern. We are recruiting undergraduate and graduate students to perform omics data analyses towards drug target identification. ML experience is not required.
Harmonic Discovery offers a hands-on bioinformatics and data science experience for interested computational biology students. You will work on huge datasets, find interesting patterns, develop bioinformatics tools, and help discover the next generation of medicines to treat diseases such as cancer.
Harmonic Discovery is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women and underrepresented minorities.
• Undergraduate or Graduate student enthusiastic about the intersection of bioinformatics and drug discovery
• Experience in R or Python programming languages
• Experience using computational biology libraries and databases such as Bioconductor, BioPerl, BioPython
• Experience in bash and shell scripting
• Experience in analyzing gene expression and preferably other omics datasets
• Great communication skills and ability to communicate effectively using tools such as PowerPoint
• Experience in pathway and network analyses
• Experience in analyzing data from drug screening experiments
What We Offer
• Work from anywhere! Come by the office if you feel like it, or don’t. Your call. Feel free to work from anywhere in the US if you have a stable internet connection and can sync your calendar’s time zone with the team’s.
• You will work closely with the entire team, from the scientists to the CEO.
• No busy work here, you’ll work on projects that have an immediate and obvious impact to the company.
Harmonic Discovery is an equal opportunity employer. Harmonic Discovery recruits and employs regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Why you should join Harmonic Discovery
We are a drug discovery company developing a new generation of therapeutics that embrace the complexity of disease. Currently available approaches for creating drugs work on the principal of finding one drug-one protein ‘magic bullets’. However, diseases such as cancer and autoimmunity are often the result of several dysregulated proteins across many distinct biological pathways.
We are building a computational-experimental platform to design therapeutics that can target several disease-causing proteins at once. By designing multi-specific drugs, we are able to create therapeutics that are more efficacious and safer than existing medicines.
Read more here: Source link