Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Center for Genomic Medicine
The Center for Genomic Medicine (CGM) plans to expand its IT and bioinformatics teams with experts who will be responsible for maintaining the bioinformatics IT infrastructure and developing, maintaining, and execution of computational pipelines for the analysis and management of genomics, transcritomics, and proteomics datasets. The candidates will work closely with clinicians and medical scientists to analyze data either for diagnostics or research. CGM is based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, in a very growing and modern international healthcare environment. We are inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill multiple positions at different levels of experience with an emphasis on the following areas:
- High Performance Computing: optimize, design, and administrate high performance computing infrastructure and run compute intensive jobs for bioinformatics applications. The systems are based on open standards and open source middle-ware, including networking, servers, and storage. Data management skills and scripting for administration tasks is plus. Knowledge of containers and modern deployment techniques is a plus.
- NGS Data Analysis and Management: Develop analytical pipelines running on large volume of data for different sequencing technologies, such as Illumina, Ion Torrent, and long read sequencers. Excellent programming and data processing skills over Linux using scripting languages and shell scripting. Experience with sequencing platforms. Knowledge of HPC environment, parallelization, and job scheduling, deployment techniques is a plus. Web-development and databases is plus.
- Functional Bioinformatics: Running large scale association studies including use of machine learning techniques for the analysis of gene expression, pathways, metabolic data, and other omics data coming from different modalities. Excellent programming skills with scripting languages. Excellent use of machine learning and AI libraries and packages. Good knowledge of visualization techniques for bioinformatics data. Web-development and databases is plus. Knowledge of HPC environment, parallelization, and job scheduling, deployment techniques is a plus.Education and experience:
- PhD or equivalent acquired within at least 3 years of experience in the area of bioinformatics, computational biology or similar area. Major in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred.Benefits
- Long term employment in a growing field and in an international healthcare environment.
Attractive financial package, including housing, transportation, flight tickets, and children education support.Top level health insurance.Contact: cgmbfx (at) gmail.com Job Type: Full-time Ability to commute/relocate: Riyadh: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)
Read more here: Source link