Job Profile: Staff Scientist, Bioinformatics
Location: South San Francisco, California, US
Job ID: 205404BR
Date Posted: 19 Sept. 2022
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Staff Scientist, Bioinformatics
South San Francisco, CA | Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division
How will you make an impact?
You will be an integral part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team of scientists, engineers working towards cutting edge scientific solutions in Bioinformatics of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
What will you do?
• Representing software in program core team and interacting with colleagues from diverse functions such as molecular biologist, algorithm developers and product manager. Able to translate custom needs to software product requirements and product specifications. Able to track project timelines and complete all needed documentations.
• Developing test plans and test cases to verify and validate software product requirements and specifications.
• Algorithm testing for NGS data analysis pipelines.
• Developing verification tools to increase testing automation coverage.
• Troubleshooting for build deployment, resource management, and job scheduling and analysis pipeline.
• Leading a project and driving the project to completion.
MS. or higher in Computer Science/engineering, Bioinformatics, Biomedical engineering, Statistics, EE or related fields, and 5+ Years related experience.
• Diverse knowledge and experiences of developing NGS applications.
• Experiences of bioinformatics tools and algorithms used in NGS analysis.
• Experiences in software design and development. Good understanding of software testing best-practices.
• Software development skills and experience with Java, Python, Perl with 5+ year experience.
• Strong expertise on Linux/Unix environment.
• Experiences of relational database.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Demonstrated leadership in leading project completion. Good communication skills with scientists, engineers and software developers.
• Must be detail oriented and self-driven.
• Java programming skills in highly desired.
• Hands-on experience with software automation testing.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Interested in applying for more such jobs? Click Here
Read more here: Source link