- Supervises computational scientists to perform data analysis on a variety of projects that include analysis, integration and interpretation of diverse data types for example, NGS datasets; single cell sequencing, exome sequencing, RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, TCR/BCR-seq, Array datasets; microarray, protein arrays, SNP arrays, gene and protein expression datasets; Nanostring and CYTOF, Image and spatial analysis datasets; CODEX, DSP and other experimental data in the setting of immunotherapy.
- Develops and manages data analysis and data visualization tools and applies novel tools for data integration across diverse platforms which includes genomic, proteomic, clinical meta data and others as needed.
- Leads and trains the bioinformatics group to investigate state-of-the-art statistical analysis tools and apply to multiple big datasets as needed.
- Manages data storage and reporting for the platform and publications as needed.
- Effectively presents data to the pharmaceutical or internal collaborators as needed.
- Independently searches literatures in the field of bioinformatics and statistics, writes the bioinformatics analysis and methods section for manuscripts and grant applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participates in all administrative activities and the recruitment of new computational scientists to IMT, including recruitment, education, evaluation and retention of competent and qualified personnel.
- Overviews the hardware and software requirements for high throughput data storage and analysis.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs software improvements and upgrades.
- Provides bioinformatics consultation for clinical and biological research projects.
- Works closely with clinical scientists and provides custom solutions for sequencing, gene expression, proteomics and other data to expedite scientific project. #LI-MDACC
Required: Bachelor’s degree in one of the basic sciences.
Preferred: Master’s degree or PhD in one of the basic sciences.
Required: Seven years relevant research experience to include two years in a supervisory/managerial capacity. With preferred Masters degree, five years of required experience to include two years in a supervisory/managerial capacity and with preferred PhD, three years of required experience to include two years in a supervisory/managerial capacity. Successful completion of the LEADing Self Accelerate program may substitute for one year of required supervisory or management experience.
Preferred: Nanostring analysis, exome sequencing, RNA-seq, CHIP-Seq, microarray and other experimental data in the setting of immunotherapy. Bioinformatics consultation for clinical and biological research projects.
Required: Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
Read more here: Source link