To discuss more about this job opportunity, please reach out to Chitrank Rastogi (LinkedIn URL – www.linkedin.com/in/chitrank-rastogi-55119a102/), email your updated resume at email@example.com or give me a call at (425) 523-1648. Thank you!
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
- We have an exciting contract opportunity for a Bioinformatics analyst to support a collaboration between the Biologics Science and Technology group and Genomics Research Center, in which we are using genomics tools to optimize the development of better Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells for biologics manufacturing.
- The ideal candidate will have broad experience in genomics data analysis including differential expression, transcript characterization, and mutation detection from short-read RNA-seq data and should be experienced developing new bioinformatics pipelines.
- The successful candidate must have strong Linux shell coding experience, be comfortable in using R and/or python to do data analysis, and should be comfortable with job submission using a high-performance computing cluster.
- Experience analyzing long read transcriptomics data generated by PacBio or Nanopore platforms, experience working in CHO cell line development, AAV characterization, or bacterial RNA-sequencing are a plus.
- Required Skill 1: Proficient in using R to do basic data analysis (processing, plotting…)
- Required Skill 2: Differential gene expression statistical testing
- Required Skill 3: Comfortable working in Linux/Unix environment, including job submission using High Performance Computing cluster (HPC)
- Required Skill 4: comfortable working with NGS data (Illumina short read technology)
- Required Skill 5: Experience developing bioinformatics pipelines to address novel problems or for application to new experimental models.
What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required?
- B.S. in Bioinformatics/Biostatistics with 5+ years applicable experience or M.S. with 2+ years applicable experience in Bioinformatics/Biostatistics.
What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification?
- Familiarity with Chinese Hamster Ovary genomics analysis or cell line development.
- Experience with gene ontology and pathway enrichment analysis
- Experience with long-read sequencing technologies (e.g., PacBio).
- Experience working with AAV or bacterial systems
- Experience with Limma and/or Dream for differential gene expression analysis with linear mixed models.
Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options.
- YES, open for discussion.
- Other notable details about the environment from the hiring manager about this role.
- This is a highly collaborative project involving members across different geographic sites and across diverse functions within R&D.
What positions/background experience do you feel are successful in this role.
- Candidate should be experienced with NGS and gene expression analysis and should be familiar with the core file formats and tools such as fastq, sam, bam, read mapping algorithms, differential gene expression tools, etc.
Bioinformatics Analyst, Bioinformatics , Genomics , Chinese Hamster Ovary, CHO, biologics , RNA-seq, cell line development, gene expression, Biotechnology , Pharma , Pharmaceuticals
Read more here: Source link