Radboud university medical center is looking for an ambitious bioinformatician, who develops data analysis and integration approaches for large-scale -omics data and translates its outcome to biological insights.
Within the Medical BioSciences deparment, the Bioinformatics Research Group led by Prof. Peter-Bram ‘t Hoen is well known for the development of new computational approaches for multi-omics data integration and for turning ‘omics data into biomedical understanding. The group develops bioinformatics approaches that contribute to the understanding of (rare) disease mechanisms, personalized therapies and interventions, and a learning health care system. The group is committed to the reusability of their data, tools, and services, and puts the FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interpretable, Reusable) data principles into action.
The candidate will work with preclinical and clinical scientists and fellow data scientists to analyze and interpret multi-omics data in the context of personalized health(care).
The tasks of the Postdoc in Bioinformatics will include:
- Develop and benchmark computational approaches for the analysis of multi-omics data.
- Be lead data scientist in the analysis of relevant multi-omics data sets from disease (primary immunodeficiencies, intellectual disability syndromes, rare diseases such as myotonic dystrophy) and population cohorts.
- Advise and support biomedical scientists and clinicians in multi-omics analyses and FAIR data stewardship.
- Co-develop software, tooling, services, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) / policies around the FAIR capture, analysis and publication of data, metadata and computational workflows.
- Work with the Radboud Technology Center Bioinformatics and Data Stewardship to optimize the handling of multi-omics data.
- Participation in national and international meetings and communities such as the Netherlands X-omics Initiative, Health-RI and European Research Infrastructures such as EATRIS and ELIXIR.
- A gross monthly salary between € 3.230 and € 5.088 (scale 10) based on full-time employment.
- An annual vacation allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- Radboud university medical center pays 70% of the pension premium.
- A discount on health insurance as well
- And annual courses, both professional and personal.
- They provide other attractive facilities, such as childcare and sports facilities.
- They are seeking a candidate who holds a PhD in a relevant discipline, such as bioinformatics, data science, biology, computer science, or artificial intelligence.
- The ideal candidate should have a proven ability to develop new algorithms and/or methodology, as well as the ability to drive scientific projects, as evidenced by their publication record.
- They should also possess excellent programming skills in a relevant language such as Python, R, Java, or C++.
- Experience with data modelling and knowledge of formal data representations would be preferred.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate should enjoy working in multidisciplinary teams and possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
To apply for the Postdoc position in Bioinformatics, click here.
Deadline: April 05, 2023.
For more information on the Postdoc position in Bioinformatics, visit the official site.
Read more here: Source link