A fully supported postdoc position is immediately available at the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Genova-Italy. The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team and will analyze in-house produced multi-omic data aiming to understand the role of non-coding RNAs in mediating 3D chromatin architecture in embryonic stem cells and cancer stem cell models.
In our group we aim to understand how non-coding elements (DNA/RNA) and their epigenetic/epitranscriptomic modifications regulate 3D genome architecture and gene expression. To address this question, we use cutting-edge chromatin conformation assays such as Hi-C, Hi-ChIP and Pore-C in conjunction with other -omics techniques (e.g. ChIP-seq, TT-seq, scRNA-seq) and in combination with CRISPR-based genetic and epigenetic engineering tools.
As a member of the FANTOM6 project, postdocs in our lab will have the opportunity to attend and actively participate to the consortium meetings and will have ample opportunities for collaborations within the IIT and with extramural institutions to implement new workflows.
· Analysis of next-generation sequencing data and integration of multi-omics data produced by different methods using computational tools and pipelines
· Interpretation of data and generation of figures for grant proposals, presentations and publications in peer-reviewed journals
· A PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or in a related field
· Knowledge of programming languages such as R and Phyton and statistical methods applied to biosciences
· Proven ability to analyze next-generation sequencing data such as RNA-seq, ChIP-seq etc (previous experience in analysis of chromatin conformation data such as Hi-C will be considered a plus)
· Ability to work and think independently with a pro-active attitude, prone to team building and problem solving
· Strong publication record
· Good command of spoken and written English
Please submit your application including a detailed CV, contact details of at least 2 references and a cover letter outlining motivation, experience and qualifications using the online form
Read more here: Source link