- Syngenta Group
As Bioinformatics Engineer, you will define and maintain a 3-to-5-year IT technology strategy across multiple R&D Bioinformatics capabilities aligned to drive business goals, ensuring business value is generated.
- Lead and drive the development of the future bioinformatics landscape across multiple R&D capabilities together with key stakeholders in those areas, ensuring business value is realized
- Ensure a joined-up view across stakeholders on data pipelines, products, cloud hosting, microservices and APIs by working with key stakeholders and technical leads to develop bioinformatic solutions
- Working effectively with key stakeholders to ensure the backlog is accurate and continuously prioritized
- Promote a culture of innovation and experimentation and be bold to identify opportunities to create breakthroughs
- Identify strong and engaged delivery teams
- Actively particiate in ideation and requirement gathering workshops and user engagement meetings, acting as the technical lead in discussions
- Be an active member of the techonology community, contributing to setting best practice, peer review, mentoring and coaching
- 5-10 years delivering computing solutions
- 3+ years experience working in an Agile (ideally DevOps) environment
- Awareness of emerging technologies
- Consensus builder across diverse interest groups
- Strong influencer with excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive, ability to anticipate issues early
- Ability to manage a high level of complexity and uncertainty
- A role which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- Flexible working arrangements and environment with an open culture and diverse workforce, a possibility of working from home
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous events throughout the year
- Learning culture and a wide range of development options, including access to learning platforms (Degreed, LinkedIn Learning, O’Reilly)
- High quality office environment
Syngenta has been ranked as a top employer by Science Journal.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Group is a leading science-based agtech company, dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries work together to solve humanity’s most pressing challenges: feeding the world safety while taking care of our planet. We are proud to stand at the forefront of the tech revolution in agriculture. Using the latest digital innovations, data, and cutting-edge technologies we want to reshape the industry through data-fueled intelligent science. This is only possible through digital science by smartly connecting, integrating and exploiting data from Research and Development to Commercial, to better tailor our products and grower advice.
Our business success reflects the quality and skill of our people. We recognize that human diversity is as important to our business as biodiversity. Embracing the unique perspectives and capabilities of our employees helps us continue to catalyze innovation, maximize performance, and create business value. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Join the most trusted and collaborative team in agriculture
We offer very diverse opportunities for leaders, experts, students and graduates. And we will nurture you, so you can grow and contribute in your own unique way.
Join our talent network
Read more here: Source link